Doctor Qaiyum Parvez
Dean’s Unit School of Science
Graduated with B. Sc. Ag (Hons) and M.Sc. in Ag. Extension & Rural Development from the Bangladesh Agricultural University and PhD from the University of Florida, Gainesville, USA. Before joining UWS, I worked in the Bangladesh Rice Research Institute (BRRI) and lately served there as a Principal Scientific Officer. For the last 25 years I worked in the areas of Agronomy, Agricultural Extension, Rural Development, Farming Systems, International Agriculture and International Training. I have been involved in teaching, research, project management, extension service, administration and consultancy. My research interest areas include – Crop production, Farming system research & extension, Project management, Communication and rural development. In addition to teaching & research, I have been organising over 70 international short courses and study tours since 1994 for more than 3000 participants from 19 different countries from Asia, Europe and the pacific region. My role at UWS also includes Course Advisor for Agriculture and Horticultural Programs.
This information has been contributed by Doctor Parvez.
- PhD Florida State University (USA)
- MScAg Bangladesh Agricultural University
- BScAg Bangladesh Agricultural University
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- Dean’s Unit School of Science
Chapters in Books
- Parvez, Q. (2008), ‘Internationalising University of Western Sydney: Agriculture and Environmental Education’, Managing Science and Technology for a Sustainable Future, World Association for Sustainable Development 9780955177156.
- George, D., Clewett, J., Huda, S., Birch, C., Allen, W. and Parvez, Q. (2007), ‘A longitudinal Study of Farmers and Trainers Capturing Climate Information for Sustainable Development’, Knowledge Management and Sustainable Development in the 21st Century (World Sustainable Development Outlook 2007), Greenleaf Publishing Limited 9781906093020.
- Hassan, S., Parvez, Q., Huda, S. and Ramsay, G. (2007), ‘Role of Women in Farm Decision-Making Using Data from Selected Locations in Bangladesh’, Knowledge Management and Sustainable Development in the 21st Century (World Sustainable Development Outlook 2007), Greenleaf Publishing Limited 9781906093020.
- Moghaddam, P., Huda, S., Parvez, Q. and Koocheki, A. (2007), ‘Indigenous Knowledge in Agriculture with Particular Reference to Medicinal Crop Production in Khorasan, Iran’, Knowledge Management and Sustainable Development in the 21st Century (World Sustainable Development Outlook 2007), Greenleaf Publishing Limited 9781906093020.
- Parvez, Q. (2011), ‘The University of Western Sydney: Internationalising Learning from Paddock to Plate’, Proceedings of the Workshop on Review of Postgraduate Studies and Research in the Department of Agriculture, University of Technology, PNG and Recommendation for Future Directions, held at the PNG University of Technology, PNG.
- Mulley, R., Parvez, Q., Ward, P., Packham, R., Srishkandarajah, N. and Taji, A. (2005), ‘Learning Through Exchange About Organic Agriculture – Case Of Europe & Australia’, 15TH IFOAM ORGANIC WORLD CONGRESS 2005, ADELAIDE CONVENTION CENTRE.
- Mulley, R., Parvez, Q. and Packham, R. (2004), ‘International student exchange – a model for Australia and Europe’, The Third Global Conference of GCHERA, Kyiv, Ukraine.